Welcome to the Florida Morgan Horse Association
Attention Tropical Trotters!
Your Youth Leader is Andrea Whelpton from Lakewood Ranch, FL. You can contact Andrea at 941-504-2826 to find out more about your Tropical Trotter plans.
2020 CITRUS CUP AMHA
YOUTH OF THE YEAR CONTEST
The 2020 Youth of the Year contest will be held in conjunction with the Citrus Cup Regional Horse Show, April 8 -11 2020. This contest is designed to encourage youth to become well versed in all areas of horsemanship. Although many excel in certain areas, the competition rewards a cumulative score in four divisions. Each division is awarded 250 points. Six ribbons will be awarded for the best scores in each division. The cumulative scores for each division will result in a Junior (under 14) High Point Award, and a Senior (14 – 21) High Point Award. There will be Championship and Reserve Ribbons for the highest two scores in both Junior and Senior Divisions. The awards will be presented during the Saturday evening session. In addition, the Senior Over All Champion may qualify to complete in the Youth of the Year Contest at the Grand National & World Championship Morgan Horse Show in Oklahoma City in October. They will also receive the Jennifer Montgomery Perpetual Trophy, and will receive a $250 sponsorship from the FMHA for the national contest if they qualify to attend. The cost of participating is $10.00 and must be paid in advance. Please send in entries no later than March 21, 2020. The form can be filled out online here: https://forms.gle/VauR7EosDWbWotp66 or mailed in.
Contest Divisions – Up to 250 Points Each
- A Written General Knowledge Quiz
- Judging Contest: Classes TBD, Oral reasons to be given directly following the last judged class.
- Horsemanship Pattern: An individual performance showing a MORGAN in a prescribed pattern, either riding or driving. To be judged on overall horsemanship and showmanship. Show riders perform in show clothes, academy riders perform in academy attire.
- Oral Presentation: Time allowed is 3-5 minutes. Patterns, speech topic and additional schedule details will be emailed to all entrants when the entry form and payment is received, so send in your application as soon as possible.
- Written General Knowledge Quiz – Thursday April 9th, after the noon session
- Judging Contest: TBD
- Horsemanship Pattern: Friday April 10th, 9 am in the main arena
- Oral Presentations: Friday April 10th, after the noon session.
- Awards Presentation: Saturday April 11th, 6:15 pm in the main arena. Please dress in dressy casual or show clothes as pictures will be taken.